1. The Information We Collect And Store
- We may collect and store the following information in connection with the firestorage Service:
Information You Provide: When you register an account or subscribe for a paid membership, we collect certain User Information (as defined herein), such as your email address, phone number, and credit card information.
Files: We collect and store the files you upload, storage with the firestorage Service (“Files”).
Log Data: When you use the Service, we automatically record information from your Device, its software, and your activity using the Service. This may include the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, local preferences, identification numbers associated with your Devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your Files, and other interactions with the Service.
Cookies: We also use “cookies” to collect information and improve our Service. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your Device. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to the Service. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service.
2. How We Use User information
- User Information: In the course of using the Service, we may collect user information that can be used to contact or identify you (“User Information”). User Information is or may be used: (i) to provide and improve our Service; (ii) to administer your use of the Service; and (iii) to personalize and improve your experience. If you no longer wish to receive notification emails from us such about the uploading and downloading of your Files, you can opt out of receiving such notices by modifying your “Account Settings”.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Your Use: We will display your User Information in your Management menu. You can review and revise your User Information at any time.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of firestorage's Rights: We may disclose User Information stored with firestorage to third parties without your consent in the event we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with a request pursuant to an agreement between you and firestorage; (ii) comply with a request from our business partners, such as credit card companies or companies which clear credit card transactions; (iii) comply with a law, regulation or compulsory legal order of a court or administrative authority; (iv) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (v) prevent fraud or abuse of firestorage or its users; or (vi) to protect firestorage’s intellectual property or other legal rights. If we provide your firestorage Files to a law enforcement agency as set forth above, we will remove firestorage’s encryption from the Files before providing them to law enforcement. However, firestorage will not be able to decrypt any Files that you encrypted prior to storing them on firestorage.
Non-private or Non-User Information: We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or other information which does not constitute User Information, such as usage statistics of our Service.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information and Opting Out
- If you are a registered user of the Service, you may review, update, correct or delete the User Information provided in your registration or subscription by changing your “Account Settings.” If your User Information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may update or delete it by making the appropriate changes to your Account Settings. In some cases we may retain copies of your information if required by law. If you no longer wish to receive notification emails from us such about the uploading and downloading of your Files, you can also opt out of receiving such notices by modifying your Account Settings.
5. Data Retention and Removal
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your User Information to provide you the Service, you may delete your account by clicking here. We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your information quickly upon request. Please note, however, that there might be latency in deleting certain information from our servers, and also that it is possible that certain information may continue to exist on our servers even after attempted deletion.
- The security of your information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can view our Security Overview Page (click here).
7. Our Policy Toward Children
- Our Service is not directed to persons under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years of age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with User Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 18 years of age has provided us with User Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
8. Contacting Us